November 03, 2022
As a lash artist, everyone wants to graft the eyelashes fast and beautiful. Being efficient and fast is crucial for success. But how to achieve this effect? Especially for those who are just starting out as lash artists, it may be even more difficult.
Here are some tips that can help you speed up your lashing time:
1. Practice: The more you practice, the faster you'll become at the task at hand. Set aside time each day to practice your lashing technique.
2. Organize your workspace: Make sure that all of your tools and supplies are within easy reach. This will help you avoid wasting time searching for what you need.
3. Pre-isolate lashes: Before starting to apply lashes, take a few minutes to isolate the natural lashes that you will be working on. This will make it easier to apply the extensions and will also help speed up the process.
4. Use good quality lashes: Using high-quality, lightweight lashes can make a big difference in the speed of your work. Choose lashes that are easy to handle and apply, and that stay in place well.
5. Invest in good tools: A high-quality lash tweezers and other tools will make it easier and faster to apply lashes. Make sure you have a comfortable grip and that your tools are well-maintained. Of course you can get all the lash and tools on our Sevenlash Shop, your one-stop beauty shop.
6. Have a routine: Map out your set first to cut down thinking time. Develop a routine for applying lashes that works for you, and stick to it. The more you work with a routine, the faster and more efficient you'll become.
7. Talking: Do not allow you or your client to make unnecessary conversation. This takes away from concentration and can add 15 minutes to each appointment due to laughing, losing the lash you were about to lash, eyelids fluttering, and eye pads/tape riding up. Be polite and let them know you’d love to chat but you want to get them through the appointment on time with as much coverage as possible.
8. Big perspective: Work on both eyes rather than one at a time, and don’t work in the same area of the eye to make sure both eyes are always balanced (look the same) in case you need to stop before they look even.
9.Little tool tips: Use eye pads to lash in layers (taping lashes down with eye pads then lifting the lashes out of it one layer at a time to make isolating easier. You can also use an eye pad to tape up the lashes you’ve already done to keep them out of the way). There are quite a few videos on Sevenlash Youtube Channel for visual learners.
10. Take breaks: Taking short breaks every hour or so can help you maintain your focus and avoid fatigue, which can slow you down.
By following these tips, you can speed up your lashing time and become a more efficient and productive lash artist.
Above is some of my own tips in the grafting process, hoping is helpful for you.
February 09, 2023